Content

Wednesday, 12 February 2014

Born Pretty Store Review - Mushroom LED Night Light, Fountain Pen and Acrylic Nail Art Brushes

Good afternoon, dear readers! :D

I was recently sent some products from Born Pretty Store to review. :D

Please bear with me for the lack of light-box use in this post, I have moved the one I normally use and I still need to find a place for it, and to set it up.

Onto the revieeeews:

First up, the ultra fine iridium-pointed pen:


This is a very lightweight pen, as the casing is mainly made out of plastic.  It really does have a fine point, and while you do need to supply your own ink, the cartridge is really easily filled. :D

Unfortunately, this pen was a dud.  :(  While it worked the first time I used it (and quite nicely, I might add!), it never worked again after that.  I'm guessing that ink dried in the tip, and I could not get it to work properly after that, no matter what I did.

Oh well, at least it is good for making inktopuses (awesome name my sister gave them):

(You too can make an inktopus by dripping a splotch of ink on paper, then using a fine instrument to drag the ink outwards in swirly-do's.  I bet you always wanted to know how to make an inkoctopus.)

Next, we have the 3-piece black handled acrylic nail art brush set:
It didn't occur to me when I picked these out that these were for acrylic powder nail art and not just acrylic paint nail art, so when they arrived in the mail I was a bit surprised as to the size of them.  Then I realized that the listing is for "acrylic" nail art (whoopsie, my mistake!).
I hope that you will forgive me but I had to choose a different medium to review these brushes with, as I am absolutely terrible at using nail acrylic XD (but I still wanted to provide a review!):
Here is a painting I made using the brushes with acrylic paint.  I am not done the painting yet, as I wanted to change the brush sizes I was using, so I took a photo of what I did using only the brushes that were sent to me.

I did notice that there was some hair fallout from the brushes while I used them.  However, I really do like the type of handle that these have, as they are comfortable in the palm and when you place one of the brushes on their side, the width of the handle keeps the end of the brush off of flat surfaces.

I probably wouldn't use these again because I really dislike picking hairs out of whatever I am working on (there weren't very many, but still), but I will miss the handles!!

Lastly, we have this *super adorable* blue LED mushroom night light:


EEE!!!  This is SO cute!! :D  Look at that adorable mushroom-y goodness:

It draws only 0.1 W per hour, and has a gentle blue light emitting from it.

It is also has a light sensor, so when it detects darkness it will turn on, but it will shut off once other light hits it (so you don't have to worry about it being on 24/7).

Here is a top-down view in the dark:
I really like that feature because it means you can keep it plugged in all of the time, and who wouldn't want an adorable mushroom like this one on display?

I have used this light for a couple of days now, and I couldn't be more happy with its performance.  I am so, so glad that I was able to review this, and I kind of want a bunch more of these XD.

While some of the products didn't work out as planned, I absolutely adore that mushroom light and I think that everyone who likes it should get one.  SO CUTE!!! :'D

Thank you so much to Born Pretty Store for this opportunity!

Have an amazing day! :D

-Ashesela :}

17 comments:

  1. Great review! Seems like you had a ton of fun using them too :) Love that Mushroom LED light! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! :D I am so glad I got that light, it is so cute!! XD

      Delete
  2. The painting is wonderful! You did a great job!

    -Erica
    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, that nightlight is so cute. Too bad the pen was a dud... I like using pens of that type, but if they get too gunked up or bent the wrong way then it's annoying... not sure how experienced you are with fountain pens, but there are forums and stuff dedicated to them (like FPgeeks). Maybe someone else has a suggestion for unclogging it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh really? That is awesome! :D Thank you very much for the suggestion!

      Delete
  4. That is an amazingly cute little lamp!!! The child in me who grew up playing the original Super Mario Brothers games on Nintendo is all but squealing over it! :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha!! XD I know what you mean, it is so perfect! XD

      Delete
  5. Aw sorry the pen was a dud. Glad it worked nicely at first though!
    That little led light is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute is that mushroom light?! I love it! I got (and love) a couple of the color-changing rose lights they have, but I had no idea they had any other shapes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have rose lights??! Hahaha I like how we were both surprised by the other lights they have to offer XD

      Delete
  7. A bummer that the other products didn't work out so well, but I agree that the mushroom lamp is to die for! Such an awesome thing to have in your home!

    Bailey
    aka Bailey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it!! :D It is such a cute addition to my room!

      Delete
  8. Hi darling, that well, I really liked your review.

    http://losviajesysibaritismosdeauroraboreal.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I simply love this store...I has amazing stuff....If you want to avail 10% discount on all items then use this discount code HUT10....xoxoxoxo....^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks pretty cool! So easy to do also. Keep posting such stuff

    cfl track lighting

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Lovely Readers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Google+ Followers


Use code 'art evolve' for 10% off of your KKCenterHk order!

About Me

My Photo

Heyo!  I am the writer behind Art Evolve, a blog about things and stuff, that I update sometimes.  >:D

I have a serious love for books, gaming, and general sci-fi and fantasy things.

I also love music and art, and hope to become a better musician and artist as time goes on.

I just started playing Magic: The Gathering again after a looooong break (11 years!?!), and it is awesome.  I hope to become a better Magic player too, because I'm not that great at it heheheh.

I was introduced to edh last (I think?) month, and it has quickly become a favourite format.

OH!  I also do MTG altered art, which I recently started and it is seriously fun and rewarding.  Magic + art practice?  Aw yeah!! :D

What else, what else...  I like video games, and play on both PC and console (PS!!).  I love rpg's and some good shooters, and killing zombies is a plus.

I love chocolate, tea and coffee.  I smoke cigarettes, which is stupid, so don't ever smoke cigarettes because it is stupid.

I also really like food.  Too much so.  Especially crunchy things!  I seriously need to get some bubble tea because it has been way too long.

I love to study but my ADHD makes it a bit difficult (a lot difficult, because remembering things can be kinda rediculous).  I also have obsessive compulsive disorder which sucks.  And anxiety disorders, which suck.

Favourite subjects include: astronomy, nihongo, art, geology, stuff like that.

HAVE AT YOU, KNAVE!  *slaps*
Created by: twitter website widget

Fish

Gnome!

Gnome!
(not my image)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts