Content

Thursday, 30 January 2014

Lush Prince Charming Shower Gel Review

Good morning, lovelies!! :D

I've got another Valentine's Day edition Lush review for you. :)

Today I will be reviewing their Prince Charming shower gel, which is a limited edition Valentine's Day release (so be sure to check it out before it is gone!!).


This was kindly sent to me for review :D.

Here is the Lush description:

"Fresh pomegranate and marshmallow wash

Lather up in our brand new, limited edition shower gel! Fresh pomegranate juice and grapefruit oil cleanse the skin while their bright, energetic scents help wake you up on early mornings. Add to that a blend of Fair Trade vanilla pod infusion, skin-softening marshmallow root and almond oil, and you’re in for royally soft, moisturized skin all over. The fragrance was made especially for this product and we think it’s an instant classic. Prince Charming is bound to sweep you off your feet!" - lush.ca

Here is the list of ingredients:
Water , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Sodium Cocoamphoacetate , Propylene Glycol , Lactic Acid ,Lauryl Betaine , Grapefruit Oil (Citrus paradisi) ,Sandalwood Oil (Santalum austro-caledonicum vieill and Fusanus spicatus) , Geranium Oil (Pelargonium graveolens) , Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis) , Titanium Dioxide , *Citronellol , *Farnesol , *Geraniol , *Linalool ,Fragrance , D&C Red No. 33 , D&C Red No. 27 , D&C Red No.4 , Methylparaben , Propylparaben

I really love the name of this shower gel!!

Sadly my shower puff is gone (harrumph!), so I had to grab a regular face cloth to use with this.  Because of that, I cannot perfectly compare the lathering quality of this vs. other Lush shower gels I have tried (I usually use the shower loofah with the other ones).  It definitely does lather up, but I *think* Rose Jam and Snow Fairy make a few more bubbles. :}

There is a lot of grapefruit in the fragrance, and even though I am reaaally not a grapefruit fan at all, it was still surprisingly pleasant. :}  You do get hints of the pomegranate in there as well, but to be honest the pomegranate reminds me of passion fruit (which I really like!).  However, the dominant note is definitely grapefruit, so if you are not a fan of grapefruits I would suggest give this a try before buying it.  I do think the other notes help to lessen the harshness of the grapefruit (hahaha I definitely don't like grapefruit, but I have to give it to Lush, they really make absolutely lovely shower gels!), so you may still like it!

*Edit: This does not smell like the modern day marshmallow confection, I believe the label on the bottle is talking about althaea officinalis, also know as the marshmallow plant.  Sorry if there was any confusion!!*

It is a bit opaque and it reminds me of a fruit smoothie, both in looks, texture, and in fragrance.

It cleans quite nicely and leaves skin feeling smooth and fresh :}.


I took a bath with this and a Love Locket bath bomb, and my skin didn't have much of a scent afterwards.  Just a hint, so I wouldn't worry about this clashing with any fragrances you may choose to wear after bathing. :)

While a lot of people use Lush shower gels as shampoos as well, I wouldn't recommend using this one on your hair (unless, perhaps, your hair is very oily).  I have very dry and damaged hair, and I used Prince Charming instead of my usual Blousey, and it was not good.  XD  My hair felt very tangled and dry (even under water!), so I would use this for its original purpose only.  But I had to test it out *tee-hee!*.

Overall I think that a lot of people are going to be very happy with this.  It really is lovely, and while it isn't my favourite out of Lush's shower gels (Rose Jam, that title belongs to youuu!!!), I am very glad to have it, and to have had the opportunity to try it! :D

Have an amazing day!

-Ashesela :}



10 comments:

  1. It's a super cute, wonderfully Valentine's Day appropriate name, I agree. That scent is very intriguing. I've never combined marshmallows and pomegranates before, but the more I think of the two together, the more they seem like a really appealing duo.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I think I gave you the wrong impression D: They have the marshmallow plant in there, so it doesn't smell like marshmallows ^-^. But yay for marshmallows!! :D

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so very much, Lisa!! :D <3

      Delete
  3. Glad you tried this one out. The name really is cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Traci! :D Hahah, isn't it? XD

      Delete
  4. anything has name marshmallow to it, i prob will love this! nice review :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to know this doesn't work well as a shampoo - I'll stick to using it as a shower gel!
    My loofah broke yesterday, and I had only been using it for a few days! I knew that I should have just stuck to my favourite loofah from The Body Shop!

    BeyondBlush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! It's sad loosing a loofah (especially one you just got! D:)
      Hmmm... I should check out those Body Shop loofahs... :D

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Lovely Readers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Google+ Followers


Use code 'art evolve' for 10% off of your KKCenterHk order!

About Me

My Photo

Heyo!  I am the writer behind Art Evolve, a blog about things and stuff, that I update sometimes.  >:D

I have a serious love for books, gaming, and general sci-fi and fantasy things.

I also love music and art, and hope to become a better musician and artist as time goes on.

I just started playing Magic: The Gathering again after a looooong break (11 years!?!), and it is awesome.  I hope to become a better Magic player too, because I'm not that great at it heheheh.

I was introduced to edh last (I think?) month, and it has quickly become a favourite format.

OH!  I also do MTG altered art, which I recently started and it is seriously fun and rewarding.  Magic + art practice?  Aw yeah!! :D

What else, what else...  I like video games, and play on both PC and console (PS!!).  I love rpg's and some good shooters, and killing zombies is a plus.

I love chocolate, tea and coffee.  I smoke cigarettes, which is stupid, so don't ever smoke cigarettes because it is stupid.

I also really like food.  Too much so.  Especially crunchy things!  I seriously need to get some bubble tea because it has been way too long.

I love to study but my ADHD makes it a bit difficult (a lot difficult, because remembering things can be kinda rediculous).  I also have obsessive compulsive disorder which sucks.  And anxiety disorders, which suck.

Favourite subjects include: astronomy, nihongo, art, geology, stuff like that.

HAVE AT YOU, KNAVE!  *slaps*
Created by: twitter website widget

Fish

Gnome!

Gnome!
(not my image)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts