Content

Tuesday, 28 January 2014

Lush Neon Love Soap Review

Good morning, dear readers!! :D

I hope that you are doing well!

Today I have a review of Lush's Neon Love soap.  This is a new release, limited edition soap made especially for Valentine's Day.

Neon Love Savon
(Not my image, image taken from here.)

(Also not my image, this image is from the Lush Southampton FB page.)

This scrumptious soap was so kindly sent to me for review. :D

I wanted to add the above photos to this post to give you an idea of what the whole block of soap looks like.

Here is the Lush description:

"Love your skin!

We’re excited to introduce a brand new soap made especially for Valentine’s Day. With fresh passion fruit juice to cleanse and soya yogurt to nourish, Neon Love is one we want to use all over our bodies in the bath and shower. A new perfume was blended for this bar, and includes citrusy bergamot, rosewood and spicy cinnamon leaf oil. Hiding inside the huge heart-shaped soap are little white hearts to ensure every slice looks just as beautiful as it smells." - lush.ca
This smells AMAZING!!! O_O

The passion fruit juice is very noticeable in here, as is the citrus notes and cinnamon.  This blend is so delicious and unique, and yet it brings me great memories from my youth.

Neon Love reminds me of a wonderful store I used to go to with my sister, which had all sorts of whimsical and enchanting jewellery, incense, candles and other offerings.  Great memories, and great soap!! :D


Here is the list of ingredients:
Water , Propylene Glycol , Rapeseed Oil , Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Cocos nucifera) , Fresh Passion Fruit (Passiflora edulis) , Cornflour (Zea mays) , Sodium Stearate , Fresh Figs (Ficus carica) , Fragrance ,Cinnamon Leaf Oil (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) ,Rosewood Oil (Aniba rosaeodora) , Bergamot Oil (Citrus Aurantium bergamia) , Titanium Dioxide ,Glycerine , Sodium Chloride , EDTA , Tetrasodium Editronate , Sodium Hydroxide , *Citral , *Coumarin ,*Eugenol , Geraniol , *Linalool , *Limonene , FD&C Yellow No. 8 , D&C Green No. 8 , D&C Red No. 27

I just...I keep smelling my hands (I just washed my hands with it right before giving this review so I could accurately describe the fragrance left on my skin).  The fragrance is just so relaxing and exotic!
The mix of fruit, spice, and wood in this blend is almost intoxicating. :} *relaxed, happy face.*

You can still smell it on your skin after washing with it (yay!!).  I find that while the cinnamon notes are more apparent in the soap itself, once washed with it, my skin brings out more of the passion fruit and citrus.  As everyone has a different physiology, I believe that the results could greatly vary depending on the person.

As for the soap itself (and not just the fragrance XD), I find that it lathers less than some of Lush's other soaps (don't get me wrong, it still lathers really well!), but I believe that one of the reasons is because it is so...'juicy' (for lack of a better word). The texture is slightly sticky, similar to a freshly-cut slice of Demon in the Dark. :D
I think it is because of the humectants in the soap drawing moisture in from the air, which means it is great for your skin! :D


When you use it it feels smooth and rich, and my skin feels better after washing with it.  I have really dry hands right now (thanks winter!), and after washing with Neon Love they feel and look noticeably more moisturized, even without adding a lotion after! :D!!

The list of ingredients is very impressive, with fresh passion fruit, coconut oil, fresh figs (I believe those are the fig seeds you see in the photo above!), cinnamon leaf oil, bergamot oil, and rosewood oil.  Very exotic and fancy!!


Lush, you have a serious winner here.  I sincerely hope that this will keep returning to the store shelves, and one day become part of your core soap line.  Please.  Please please please!! O_O *stares intently!*

All in all I give this a 10/10!!  I HAVE to get more of this before it is gone!!  An added bonus is that for only $6.95 Can per 100g, this is one of Lush's least expensive soaps!  That really surprised me because of the awesome ingredients used. :D

Have you tried Neon Love yet? :D  If not, I highly recommend grabbing a slice before it is gone. :} REALLY REALLY!!  I think this is my new favourite Lush soap! :D

I hope that you have a wonderful day!

-Ashesela :}

18 comments:

  1. What a cute soap! Very nice review and its great to hear you like it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fact that smell still lunges on after washing it off..
    And it's cute.. :)
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does!! :D It is so lovely :)

      Delete
  3. It's so beautiful with the little hearts - almost too pretty to use :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of the troubles I have with a lot of Lush products, they are just so cute and pretty! It seems almost a shame to use them XD

      Delete
  4. Goodness, that sounds like such a scrumptiously gorgeous scent. I wish it was available in perfume too, as I'd make a beeline to buy a bottle right away.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be wonderful!! :D Maybe down the road they will incorporate it into one? We can hope! :D

      Delete
  5. Those soaps look adorable! I can't wait to have a look at them in the store :)
    xoxo
    Suzanne from written by suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you pick some up, definitely let me know!! :D

      Delete
  6. Aww that's so cute! I should buy myself some stuff from Lush. The smell in the store just throws me off... lol


    xo Maddy | spilledpolish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot of scents in the stores which can be a bit overwhelming for many people. Thankfully, they also sell online so that way you can take a peek at what they have on there :D

      Delete
  7. AHHHH I was just at the Lush store this weekend, but they didn't have any V-Day goodies out yet... Guess I'll have to make another trip ASAP ;) I can't wait to try this one out, I *love* bergamot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, but at least you have another excuse to go ;)! I hope to go there at the end of the month (it is really hard for me to get down to the closest shop, but it is really worth it! :D), and to pick up some more of this amazing soap before it is gone <3

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. :D I hope that you can get some, I agree with you (I think everyone needs this in their lives! XD)

      Delete
  9. Mmm this is too cute and sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome review! I really love how this soap looks, it's super cute! :)

    BeyondBlush

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Lovely Readers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Google+ Followers


Use code 'art evolve' for 10% off of your KKCenterHk order!

About Me

My Photo

Heyo!  I am the writer behind Art Evolve, a blog about things and stuff, that I update sometimes.  >:D

I have a serious love for books, gaming, and general sci-fi and fantasy things.

I also love music and art, and hope to become a better musician and artist as time goes on.

I just started playing Magic: The Gathering again after a looooong break (11 years!?!), and it is awesome.  I hope to become a better Magic player too, because I'm not that great at it heheheh.

I was introduced to edh last (I think?) month, and it has quickly become a favourite format.

OH!  I also do MTG altered art, which I recently started and it is seriously fun and rewarding.  Magic + art practice?  Aw yeah!! :D

What else, what else...  I like video games, and play on both PC and console (PS!!).  I love rpg's and some good shooters, and killing zombies is a plus.

I love chocolate, tea and coffee.  I smoke cigarettes, which is stupid, so don't ever smoke cigarettes because it is stupid.

I also really like food.  Too much so.  Especially crunchy things!  I seriously need to get some bubble tea because it has been way too long.

I love to study but my ADHD makes it a bit difficult (a lot difficult, because remembering things can be kinda rediculous).  I also have obsessive compulsive disorder which sucks.  And anxiety disorders, which suck.

Favourite subjects include: astronomy, nihongo, art, geology, stuff like that.

HAVE AT YOU, KNAVE!  *slaps*
Created by: twitter website widget

Fish

Gnome!

Gnome!
(not my image)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts