Content

Friday, 31 January 2014

Lush Love Locket Review

Good morning, dear readers! :D

To continue with the Lush Valentine's Day reviews, I have another review for you today, this time of the new Love Locket bath bomb.


This was kindly sent to me for review :'D.

AHHhhhh... look at how cute that is!! :'D  The look reminds me of Kingdom Hearts (fantastic game!).


Here is the Lush description:

"Set hearts aflutter!

What’s inside this locket? You’ll need to break this heart-shaped bomb in half to find out! Use each half and the center for three separate baths (each piece is big enough to stand on its own), or sink in with the whole thing all at once. The outside layer is speckled with paper hearts that will float out to the surface of the pink water, and the hidden center releases a smattering of shiny red agar seaweed hearts to create a spectacular bath time display. The sensual blend of vanilla, jasmine and neroli essential oils top off the luxurious and indulgent experience." - lush.ca

This is one MASSIVE bath bomb!  As they suggest, you can easily get three baths out of this one.



Here is what it looks like broken up:


And here is the heart-of-the-heart, complete with adorable agar hearts for decoration:




Here is the list of ingredients:
Sodium Bicarbonate , Citric Acid , Fragrance , Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum grandiflorum) , Fair Trade Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla Planifolia) , Neroli Oil (Citrus Aurantium amara) , Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides) , *Eugenol , Geraniol , Methyl Ionone ,*Linalool , *Limonene , D&C Red No. 33 , D&C Red No. 27 , Pink Heart Confetti , Red Edible Hearts (Hydroxy propyl methyl cellulose (HPMC), Glycerine, Gum Arabic, Sodium carboxy methyl cellulose, FD&C Red 40)

Here is what I used for my bath (about 1/3rd of the bath bomb).  I only used part of the outer pink shell, so you won't see the agar hearts in this review:

And here we goooo...
  Now this is a *very* fast bath bomb, so it fizzes away really quickly.
 EEEE!!!  Look at all of those cute paper hearts! :'D

 It's like a pink wave washing over my bathwater:
 Piiiiink!!
 And here it is, before completely mixing in (so it is still more pink where I placed it in the bath.):

Okay, this is wonderful!!! :D

Because the hearts are made out of paper (these hearts, anyway ;)), they last for the entire bath!

I think that this is what the Queen of Hearts would bathe in, if she weren't evil.  Because, being evil, she would probably bathe in a bath with real hearts and blood for water.  But!  Enough of that!

This is a good Queen of Hearts bath, and it will make you feel like one too! :)

I have fallen hard for this bath bomb, which makes me both a bit giddy and a bit sad, because this is a limited edition product.

It has a really nice scent, which is not overpowering, and very relaxing. :D I cannot decipher the exact notes, even though they list them on their web page.  It is like a lovely floral bouquet, but I can't pick out the individual scents.  I think that the added vanilla tones down the floral aspect, so it isn't just flower notes, but an interesting combination.  I can't pick out the vanilla by itself, because everything blends together in a really lovely way.

Would I recommend this?  Yes!!  Yes yes omg yes.  It is good for three baths, makes you feel like a queen, and isn't overpowering at all so you don't have to worry about that.  You also don't have to worry about the fragrance clashing with perfume or cologne, because I only detect a little bit of the fragrance left on my skin after my bath.

I used this with the Prince Charming shower gel, and my skin feels really lovely and soft! :D

I would love to get about 20 of these, but I may have to settle for 1 or 2 more ;).

I really hope that this makes a return next year!!! :D

If you try only two products from Lush's Valentine's Day range, I really recommend this and the Neon Love soap.  NEED...MORE...

Have a super amazing day! :D

-Ashesela :}


12 comments:

  1. These look too cute, I love hiw these bath bond fizzes and make water pink
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks gorgeous! I love bath stuff like this so it would be perfect for me!

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much!! :D I hope that if you try it you like it! :D

      Delete
  3. That is super cute and cheerful looking! And you know what, it reminds me (big time) of the classic 1980s Keypers toys (I had the pink and purple horse one :)).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, this is just seriously adorable! It totally reminds me of Sailor Moon too; therefore, I have no choice but to locate my nearest Lush. I could do without the floral/jasmine (NOT my favourite scent, by a longshot), so I like that the vanilla mellows that a bit. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg thats so adorable! i love how that heart pieces laying around on the water. makes it perfect for the Valentine Day! great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review! I love the paper hearts :)

    BeyondBlush

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a total Lush addict! Love this post. I did a huge haul on my blog.

    Kristine | tinikc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The locket heart is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my! i adore lush products ! my mum is always buying them for me to relaxx :D

    hope we can follow each other :D
    __________________________________________________
    Please follow my blog ‘Heylinni’ at:
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4923497

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Lovely Readers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Google+ Followers


Use code 'art evolve' for 10% off of your KKCenterHk order!

About Me

My Photo

Heyo!  I am the writer behind Art Evolve, a blog about things and stuff, that I update sometimes.  >:D

I have a serious love for books, gaming, and general sci-fi and fantasy things.

I also love music and art, and hope to become a better musician and artist as time goes on.

I just started playing Magic: The Gathering again after a looooong break (11 years!?!), and it is awesome.  I hope to become a better Magic player too, because I'm not that great at it heheheh.

I was introduced to edh last (I think?) month, and it has quickly become a favourite format.

OH!  I also do MTG altered art, which I recently started and it is seriously fun and rewarding.  Magic + art practice?  Aw yeah!! :D

What else, what else...  I like video games, and play on both PC and console (PS!!).  I love rpg's and some good shooters, and killing zombies is a plus.

I love chocolate, tea and coffee.  I smoke cigarettes, which is stupid, so don't ever smoke cigarettes because it is stupid.

I also really like food.  Too much so.  Especially crunchy things!  I seriously need to get some bubble tea because it has been way too long.

I love to study but my ADHD makes it a bit difficult (a lot difficult, because remembering things can be kinda rediculous).  I also have obsessive compulsive disorder which sucks.  And anxiety disorders, which suck.

Favourite subjects include: astronomy, nihongo, art, geology, stuff like that.

HAVE AT YOU, KNAVE!  *slaps*
Created by: twitter website widget

Fish

Gnome!

Gnome!
(not my image)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts