Content

Wednesday, 29 January 2014

Lush Close to You Massage Bar Review

Good morning, dear readers! :D

Today I have a review of Lush's limited-edition Valentine's Day Close to You massage bar!


This was really kindly sent to me for review. :}

Here is the Lush description:

"Scrumptious vanilla bar

Made with luxurious butters and a delicious vanilla scent, this sweet massage bar is guaranteed to bring someone special close to you! This is one of our smooshable bars, which can be pressed between your palms, melted and used for one glorious, all-over body massage. It’s inspired by a British cookie called the Jammy Dodger, which is made of shortbread with raspberry jam in the middle. If you peek in the heart-shape on the top of the massage bar you’ll see the scrumptious white fondant center."
This smells exactly like Snow Fairy shower gel!! :D  Which means that this awesome massage bar has that same delicious marshmallow Easter egg fragrance!  (Seriously, it smells *exactly* like marshmallow Easter eggs to my sister and I!)

Here is the list of ingredients:
Organic Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii) ,Murumuru Butter (Astrocaryum murumuru) , Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis) , Olive Oil (Olea europaea) , Organic Agave Syrup (Agave tequilana) , Fragrance , Cupuacu Butter (Theobroma Grandiflorum) , Cornflour (Zea mays) , Glycerine , Methyl Ionone , Fair Trade Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla Planifolia) , Titanium Dioxide , D&C Red No. 27 , D&C Red No. 33 , FD&C Red No. 4

This is also very moisturizing!! :D  With ingredients like shea, murumuru, and cupuacu butters and almond and olive oils, it is a serious treat for the skin! :)


It melts instantly on contact with your skin, which makes it a perfect massage bar indeed!  This also means that it should be stored in a cool environment, so be sure to have a solid container to keep it in.

I think I will use this as a mix between a moisturizer and perfume.  XD  It smells SO yummy, and I don't want to use this up too quickly.  :D

As tempted as I am to smoosh it up and rub it all over, I will resist that urge and keep it in my tin, to swipe it across my arms when I want a sugary-sweet boost.  If I can manage to keep some of this for Easter, I will use it with my Snow Fairy shower gel and wander around smelling like a giant Easter egg! :D  And then I will proceed to eat Easter eggs.  Mmmmm delicious!

If you are a Snow Fairy fan, then I would really REALLY recommend getting this.  If you don't, you may kick yourself in the butt later, and that is never any fun!

Another winner Lush, and I hope that you bring this around again so your fans can continue enjoying it!

Have you tried any of Lush's Valentine's Day treats yet?

Have an amazing day! :D

-Ashesela :}



18 comments:

  1. Its such a cute massage bar! Nice review on it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! :D It is really cute! XD

      Delete
  2. Lovely post!! Such a cute soap bar :) Vanilla is my favourite scent , So I will definitely have to pop into lush sometime!! :D
    Ava xox
    http://xovintagewayoflifexo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you like it!! :D Whoops, be careful though, it is a massage bar :D

      Delete
  3. I am going to get this next time I visit lush
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!! :D Let me know what you think of it! :D

      Delete
  4. Though I sometimes have to bat my eyes and promise to make DH's favourite dessert (I kid - but just barely :D), every now and then he'll give me a wonderful message and loves to use oils or lotions while doing so, and so I think he'd really like this cool bar (just as I would - and could certainly apply it to each other in turns). Great Valentine's Day gift idea, thanks, honey!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahah!! Aw, that is so lovely that he will do that for you!! :D
      My pleasure, and thank you so much for your lovely comment!! :D

      Delete
  5. I love how cute LUSH products are! This is adorable and sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that about them too!! XD Although I tend to feel a bit bad using them then XD

      Delete
  6. Oh boy I do love Snow Fairy.. I might have to pick this one up next time I pass a LUSH. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It smells exactly like it!! :D I heard that some stores didn't order many in and they can't get more, so I hope that they will still have some in stock when I go back there :O

      Delete
  7. Nice post, and how cute is that massage bar. I love how Lush make their stuff look so cuties :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much!! :D Me too!!

      Delete
  8. Very cute! it would make a cute little addition to a gift basket.

    -Erica
    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review! I have this but I haven't tried it out yet!

    BeyondBlush

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ash! Miss youuuuuuu <3 Come back to Facebook! :P This massage bar looks scrumptious! I'll have to see if I can find one..

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds amazing! I wish I had the funds to go to Lush at the moment. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Lovely Readers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Google+ Followers


Use code 'art evolve' for 10% off of your KKCenterHk order!

About Me

My Photo

Heyo!  I am the writer behind Art Evolve, a blog about things and stuff, that I update sometimes.  >:D

I have a serious love for books, gaming, and general sci-fi and fantasy things.

I also love music and art, and hope to become a better musician and artist as time goes on.

I just started playing Magic: The Gathering again after a looooong break (11 years!?!), and it is awesome.  I hope to become a better Magic player too, because I'm not that great at it heheheh.

I was introduced to edh last (I think?) month, and it has quickly become a favourite format.

OH!  I also do MTG altered art, which I recently started and it is seriously fun and rewarding.  Magic + art practice?  Aw yeah!! :D

What else, what else...  I like video games, and play on both PC and console (PS!!).  I love rpg's and some good shooters, and killing zombies is a plus.

I love chocolate, tea and coffee.  I smoke cigarettes, which is stupid, so don't ever smoke cigarettes because it is stupid.

I also really like food.  Too much so.  Especially crunchy things!  I seriously need to get some bubble tea because it has been way too long.

I love to study but my ADHD makes it a bit difficult (a lot difficult, because remembering things can be kinda rediculous).  I also have obsessive compulsive disorder which sucks.  And anxiety disorders, which suck.

Favourite subjects include: astronomy, nihongo, art, geology, stuff like that.

HAVE AT YOU, KNAVE!  *slaps*
Created by: twitter website widget

Fish

Gnome!

Gnome!
(not my image)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts