Today I wanted to share with you how I do my nebula nails. :D This is a picture heavy post, just a warning!
1. I start with a black polish base:
3. I paint on some yellow and brown (the brown is probably burnt sienna) to get the outline of the dust cloud:
4. More brown and yellow:
5. I paint on some light blue and cover up part of the cloud, as well as paint above the cloud so it looks like wisps of matter being pushed out from the cloud:
6. I add more definition to the cloud edges with yellow and blue:
7. I try to smudge the paint (and mix the colours I paint with water) to make the cloud look more smooth:
8. Time to add some stars!! I start with a base of pink for the big stars, and paint the star shape (including the lense flare). I then add white to the big stars and paint other tiny stars in just white:
9. Time for top coat!! Then...:
Whee! Nebula nails! :D
I hope that someone found this tutorial useful. I absolutely love painting pictures of space :D.
Have a wonderful day!