Content

Sunday, 3 March 2013

Nebula Nail Tutorial

Good morning, dear readers!

Today I wanted to share with you how I do my nebula nails. :D This is a picture heavy post, just a warning!

1. I start with a black polish base:

 2. I sponge on some teal polish:


3. I paint on some yellow and brown (the brown is probably burnt sienna) to get the outline of the dust cloud:



4. More brown and yellow:


5. I paint on some light blue and cover up part of the cloud, as well as paint above the cloud so it looks like wisps of matter being pushed out from the cloud:


6. I add more definition to the cloud edges with yellow and blue:


7. I try to smudge the paint (and mix the colours I paint with water) to make the cloud look more smooth:



8. Time to add some stars!!  I start with a base of pink for the big stars, and paint the star shape (including the lense flare).  I then add white to the big stars and paint other tiny stars in just white:



9. Time for top coat!! Then...:



Whee!  Nebula nails! :D

I hope that someone found this tutorial useful.  I absolutely love painting pictures of space :D.

Have a wonderful day!

-Ashesela

9 comments:

  1. That is incredible! You should do a video tutorial!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great tutorial. Very thorough. Can't wait to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GASP! I can't wait to try these (and then marvel at how totally unlike your gorgeous nebulae mine look). So amazing, Ash!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an incredibly cool technique! You make it seem so simple, but I really think there's a definite degree of artistry and skill at work here, my dear. Is there a specific type of sponge that you use or will any nice make-up or craft sponge work?

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Lindsey R: Aw thank you so much!!! :D I really appreciate that :D

    @ Lindsay Moore: :D!! Thank you very much, I am so glad you liked it! :D

    @ Elizabeth: Wheeee :D!! Thank you so much Elizabeth!!!! <3 (I am sure yours will turn out amazing!)

    @ Jessica Cangiano: Aw, thank you so much Jessica! I did use a regular makeup sponge that I got from the dollar store :D

    @ LittleMonsterx14: Thank you so much!!! That means a lot to me :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow these are amazing. I'm currently sporting nebula nails, and they do not compare to these stunners!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome step-by-step! Amazing as always :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Lovely Readers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Google+ Followers


Use code 'art evolve' for 10% off of your KKCenterHk order!

About Me

My Photo

Heyo!  I am the writer behind Art Evolve, a blog about beauty, art, and anything else I feel like writing about. :)
I have a serious love for skincare and nail art, and love me some sci-fi and fantasy books and games.
Created by: twitter website widget

Fish

Gnome!

Gnome!
(not my image)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts