Content

Sunday, 3 February 2013

Lush Review: Buffy and BB Seaweed


Good morning, dear readers! :D

I have a secret to share... I'm addicted to LUSH!!  :O
Oh nooooo not another addiction XD.  But I really like this one!

Buffy Body Butter bar:
One of the products I recently bought and love is the Buffy body butter bar.  It is made with cocoa butter, shea butter, ground up bits for exfoliation (rice, almonds and adzuki beans), lavender and lemon oils (and a couple other ingredients).

This bar is amazing!!  (The photo below is before any usage)


The butters moisturize your skin as the scrubby bits help to remove bumps and lumps.  To use this you have a shower, step out (or turn the water off to conserve it), rub this all over any rough patches or areas you want to be very smooth, hop back into the shower (or bath) and gently rinse off the scrubby bits (don't rinse too roughly or you can remove the protective layer of oils on your skin).  Afterwards you are left with smooth, soft skin. :D

Words of caution: Some people may be bothered by the film it can leave behind after use, which is due to the cocoa and shea butters.  If you let it stay on your skin and wait a few hours (that is how long it takes for my skin to completely absorb it), you are left with the most silky skin which can last up until your next shower.  You don't have to moisturize your body with lotions afterwards.  Also, when you first use the bar it feels more smooth than rough, but when you wear down the first layers it gets reeeeally scrubby.  The harder you press with this bar, the faster it disappears. You have been warned!  ^-^

I love how this is a two-in-one product and I cannot recommend it enough.  I have read many statements by different people saying how this dramatically helps their keratosis pilaris, so if you suffer from that I would suggest giving this bar a try.



BB Seaweed Fresh Face Mask: This makes my skin look and feel amazing.  It contains lime tree flowers, sweet violet leaf infusion, kaolin, honey, dried almonds, bladderwrack seaweed, organic aloe vera gel, millet flakes, extra virgin olive oil, fresh rose petals, rose absolute, patchouli and rosemary oils, seaweed absolute, and a few other ingredients.

It is an extremely refreshing and relaxing mask (especially since you have to keep it in the fridge due to the lack of preservatives and the use of really fresh ingredients) which leaves my skin incredibly smooth.  It also makes my skin look more even in tone.  Would I buy this again?  Definitely!!  :D

So far I have something positive to say about every product I have tried.

What are your thoughts on Lush products (rants and raves) and do you have any product suggestions?

Take care my friends! :)

-Ashesela

(P.S., Oh, and here is my Superbowl mani:


Had to XD)


8 comments:

  1. Awesome! I feel like I would be hooked on LUSH if I ever got a chance to try their products lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. They both sound wonderfully inviting. I love facial masks. I often make my own from a handful of natural ingredients at home. This one sounds just about as pure as one whipped up in the kitchen, and I'd love to give it a try one day.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried Buffy, but I really like King of Skin and Aqua Mirabilis! :)
    And their fresh face masks are amazing, my faves are Cupcake and Catastrophe Cosmetic :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried anything Lush besides the Lemony Flutter (which, LOVE), but these both sound really awesome! I'm crazy about cocoa and shea butter, plus bonus points for being called Buffy.

    Used to have a Lush in the mall downstairs, but that branch closed about a month ago (BOO!). Still, I should be able to hoof it to another one pretty soon. I really want to try some of their bath bombs too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never tried Lush stuff, but it sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ drinkcitra: I really hope you get the opportunity!! They are wonderful! :D

    @ Jessica: I make my own kitchen creations to use too :D I love milk and honey for bathing! :D

    @ OPI Addict: Oooooo if you want something scrubby and moisturizing I so recommend Buffy!! It is wonderful! :D I’ll need to try more of their masks!!!

    @ Elizabeth: Aw, I am sorry to hear that the Lush store shut down. I really need to try Lemony Flutter!! You should post a review on any Lush products you get; I’d love to read it! :D

    @ Meredith Anne: It is so fun and wonderful!! I love Lush now! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never tried Lush before, but the mask look really tempting, might try it <3
    love your blog too and I'm following you back <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I really appreicate you stopping by and following!! :D
      I heartily recommend Lush!!! Their products have almost completely taken over my bathroom! XD

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Lovely Readers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Google+ Followers


Use code 'art evolve' for 10% off of your KKCenterHk order!

About Me

My Photo

Heyo!  I am the writer behind Art Evolve, a blog about things and stuff, that I update sometimes.  >:D

I have a serious love for books, gaming, and general sci-fi and fantasy things.

I also love music and art, and hope to become a better musician and artist as time goes on.

I just started playing Magic: The Gathering again after a looooong break (11 years!?!), and it is awesome.  I hope to become a better Magic player too, because I'm not that great at it heheheh.

I was introduced to edh last (I think?) month, and it has quickly become a favourite format.

OH!  I also do MTG altered art, which I recently started and it is seriously fun and rewarding.  Magic + art practice?  Aw yeah!! :D

What else, what else...  I like video games, and play on both PC and console (PS!!).  I love rpg's and some good shooters, and killing zombies is a plus.

I love chocolate, tea and coffee.  I smoke cigarettes, which is stupid, so don't ever smoke cigarettes because it is stupid.

I also really like food.  Too much so.  Especially crunchy things!  I seriously need to get some bubble tea because it has been way too long.

I love to study but my ADHD makes it a bit difficult (a lot difficult, because remembering things can be kinda rediculous).  I also have obsessive compulsive disorder which sucks.  And anxiety disorders, which suck.

Favourite subjects include: astronomy, nihongo, art, geology, stuff like that.

HAVE AT YOU, KNAVE!  *slaps*
Created by: twitter website widget

Fish

Gnome!

Gnome!
(not my image)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts