Content

Saturday, 9 February 2013

Lush Review: Blue Skies and Fluffy White Clouds and Honey I Washed the Kids (Plus Valentine's Day Mani)


Good morning, dear readers!  Today I have a review of a couple Lush products, and I also have a quick Valentine's Day manicure.

Lush Blue Skies and Fluffy White Clouds bubble bar:

This is one of my absolute favourite products from Lush.  The bar smells so divine!!


The amount of dye in the product can vary, which I don't mind at all as these are hand made.


Blue Skies is scented with frankincense, cinnamon, and patchouli.  I find the scent to be very calming, and I never want to run out of this fabulous product.

For my first bath with it I used about a quarter of a bar, and while that didn't make my bath water super blue, I got a great amount of bubbles:




One thing that helps with the bubbles is swishing your hands around in the water to agitate it.  It really makes for a lovely bath, and so far this is my favourite Lush product. :)

Honey I Washed the Kids soap:


This soap is buttery soft and lathers wonderfully.  It has a very delicious and delicate scent, with notes of orange oil, bergamot oil, honey and gardenia.  I find it to be very moisturizing and creamy, which is wonderful for my dry skin.  One thing to note is that it does get used up pretty fast as it is a soft bar, but this is my favourite soap of theirs so far and I will continue to purchase it.

Here is a quick Valentine's Day manicure:




I layered O.P.I's Nothin' Mousie 'Bout It over a pink from Sally Hansen (can't remember which :S).  I am really glad I picked up this O.P.I last year when it was released.  It has gorgeous hearts and a beautiful flecked shimmer to it. :D

Have a wonderful day!!!

-Ashesela

12 comments:

  1. What a sweet, romantically pretty Valentine's Day manicure. Much as red and the 14th go hand in hand, I usually reach for pink on that day, too (in no small part I'm sure because it's my favourite colour).

    Have an awesome weekend, honey!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to lush on sunday so I think I'll pick up that bubble bar! I just LOVE the honey I washed the kids soap! So yummy! I have that opi polish, I'm very eh about it. It's a lot of work for just fishing out the little hearts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to use that glitter, I should pull it out for V-Day nails too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great reviews :) Both Lush products look great, I've always wanted to try Blue Skies :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love lush!! especially the bauble bars. Great review :)

    xoxo
    Suzanne
    www.writtenbysuzanne.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love LUSH products so much and these look like they are amazing. Also the mani is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Jessica Cangiano: Thank you so much!! I hope that you have an awesome weekend as well!! :D

    @ Beauty on a College budget: It is a lot of work, I agree. But yeah I hope you get that bubble bar!!! I love that and the soap so much!! :D

    @ Julie: You really should!!! :D

    @ OPI Addict: Thank you so much!! Ooooh you really should!! I hope you like its fragrance as much as I do :D!

    @ MissAdelinne: Thank you so much!! :D

    @ Suzanne S: Thank you so much!! I love Lush too!! :D

    @ Norelis Ocasio: Thank you so much!! :D Oh I seriously LOVE those two Lush products!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmm that bath looks so nice and i love those nails! adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ LittleMonsterx14: The bath smelled amaaazing!!! Thank you so much! :D!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodness the bath looked amazing!
    Cute heart mani :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ drinkcitra: Thank you so much!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Lovely Readers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Google+ Followers


Use code 'art evolve' for 10% off of your KKCenterHk order!

About Me

My Photo

Heyo!  I am the writer behind Art Evolve, a blog about beauty, art, and anything else I feel like writing about. :)
I have a serious love for skincare and nail art, and love me some sci-fi and fantasy books and games.
Created by: twitter website widget

Fish

Gnome!

Gnome!
(not my image)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts